The PPRA is seeking resumes for a Drop-in Support Coordinator position
Plant Pool Recreation Association (PPRA) is a non-profit, community-based organization focused on improving the community by increasing access to recreation opportunities and spaces in the Plant Recreation Centre and Plouffe park area (located at Somerset and Preston Streets in Ottawa). The PPRA offers a drop-in, free program for children in Plouffe Park which includes sports, games, and arts & crafts. We are looking to hire one more Camp Counselor for this program operating from July 3, 2017 and August 25, 2017 from noon to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The Drop-in Support Coordinator position will be responsible for supporting the Drop-in Coordinator in delivering a program to encourage youth to become active and enjoy sports at Plouffe Park. The program is designed to help participants to organize and manage their own games, in order to help them practice skills in good sportsmanship and citizenship at the same time as improving their physical health.
– supervise a group of youth from ages 10+
– encourage youth to organize and manage their own games of their own choice
– ensures a fun, safe environment for everyone
– sets a good example for youth by being conscientious and supportive of the program mandate
– builds relationships with youth and be aware of individual issues and needs
– participates in planning special events/activities for youth
– assists other staff in supervising and organizing activities for youth including the afternoon swim
– keeps statistics and provides ongoing feedback to the Drop-In Coordinator and Plant Pool Recreation Association Board.
– age 18 or older by start of camp
– experience playing sports
– great with youth
– good communication skills
– energetic and enthusiastic
– motivational, creative
– problem solving skill
Hours: 25 hrs/week, Monday to Friday
Wage: Scale from $15 to $18 an hour depending on experience
To Apply: Send resume by midnight Friday, May 19, 2017 to email@example.com or drop off at the front desk at Plant Community Center, 930 Somerset Street for the PPRA mailbox
This is not a City of Ottawa position.