Plant Pool Recreation Association (PPRA) is hiring a Senior and 4 Support Park Coordinators for its free, outdoor, drop-in program located behind the Plant Recreation Centre in Plouffe Park (930 Somerset Street). This program is for children and youth in Plouffe Park includes sports, games and arts & crafts. This program operates for the period of July 5, 2023 until approximately August 23, 2023 from 11 am to 5 pm, from Monday to Friday.
These positions encourage children and youth to become active, participate in swimming and sports such as basketball, volleyball and table tennis. They help participants develop the skills to organize and manage their own activities, develop leadership skills and practice good sportsmanship at the same time as improving their physical health.
- supervise and coordinate a free, outdoor, drop-in program for children and youth (participants);
- encourage participants to organize and manage their own activities (basketball, volleyball, arts, etc);
- ensure a fun, safe environment for everyone;
- follow all safety and health protocols as determined by the PPRA and Ottawa Public Health;
- set a good example for participants by being conscientious and supportive;
- build relationships with the participants and be aware of individual issues and needs;
- plan and participate in planning special events, sports and activities for participants;
- accompany participants in the swimming pool for free pool use;
- keep statistics and provide ongoing feedback to the Senior Park Coordinator;
- keep all equipment in good order and accounted for and report any problems with equipment;
- assist in keeping Plouffe Park clean and safe from hazards;
- undertake necessary training programs;
- liaise with the City of Ottawa staff to ensure the compatible and safe use of the park; and
- liaise with the participants’ parents/caregivers about the program, safety and well-being of participants.
- age 15 or older by start of program
- experience playing sports
- ability to swim
- good communication skills
- team-oriented –
- great with youth
- energetic and enthusiastic –
- problem-solving skills
Hours: 30 hrs/week, Monday to Friday
Wage: above minimum wage and negotiated depending on experience
To apply: Send CV by midnight Sunday, April 30, 2023 to email@example.com
This is not a City of Ottawa position
Everyone involved with the Plant Pool Recreation Association and the Summer Park Program has a responsibility to ensure that the summer park program is free from harassment of any kind, including disrespectful behaviour towards park staff and participants. All incidents and behaviour that is deemed inappropriate, disrespectful, or harassing will be taken seriously and dealt with promptly and fairly.